Saturday, November 1, 2008

UPDATE ON CLAIM

-
I had told you earlier that I had to see the Doctor to get a review for a claim. I finally got the appointment on 31 October 2008 and should find out what the claim outcome will be in 15 weeks.

When you consider that I put in the claim in October 2007, atleast 16 months will have passed before I would get compensation for my claim, if any. And this is just a very small claim!

I am still waiting to see what will happen with my claim for the Stroke that I suffered. My military doctor, against Department of National Defense policy, sent a letter to the Bureau of Pension Advocates (lawyer assigned to fight DVA) detailing what happened to cause my Stroke. The lawyer ordered an immediate Departmental Review under Section 82 of the Pension Act. I take this to mean that the lawyer (and anyone else with a clue) believes that DVA did not do thier job when they denied my claim, not once but three times!

I'll keep you posted on the result.

No comments: