Tuesday, October 19, 2010

LEGION MEMBER RESIGNS

:-(
Dear Dominion Command,

It is disappointing that the Royal Canadian Legion must stand behind the decision it has made. Many Veterans and Legion members were counting on the Royal Canadian Legion's support, even if it was only with words, to allow them to attend this protest knowing the organization that we belong to stands behind them and beside our Veterans.

The support requested was meant to allow the Royal Canadian Legion the flexibility to take a stand without going against it's own constitution. By once again stating that the Royal Canadian Legion does not support the Canadian Veterans National Day Of Protest can only be defined as supporting the Government of Canada.

By standing by and allowing illegal practices by Veterans Affairs Canada regarding the Privacy Act, the endorsement of Manulife Financial even though they are the key culprit in the SISIP Clawback, allowing the Government of Canada to Clawback pensions, and now the open non-support of the Canadian Veterans National Day Of Protest, a protest by Veterans who have had enough, I can only conclude that the Royal Canadian Legion is no longer the Veterans advocate organization that I believed I had joined.

Therefore, I wish to inform you that I am resigning as a member of the Royal Canadian Legion effective 1105 hours on 6 November 2010, at which time I will remove my Legion Crest from my jacket and return it to Branch 8 in Gander. I will, at that time, ask that any other Legion member who feels the same way, do likewise for the TV cameras that have been asked to cover the protest.

Good luck in the future. I wish only the best for our Veterans and pray that one day the organization known as the Royal Canadian Legion never views 6 November 2010 as the day that began their downfall.

Lest We Forget.


Robin Brentnall, CD
Gambo, NL

No comments: