Wednesday, June 18, 2008

OMBUDSMAN ASSISTANCE REQUESTED

~
CF Ombudsman,

I had requested, through my Member of Parliament, a Ministerial Inquiry into the CF Health Services Group policy of not allowing CF Doctors to take the time to represent soldiers who are putting in a claim to DVA or help them with the Review Hearing.

It has been 5 weeks and I have sent 3 hasteners already to get some information on the case. I fear that my request has been put aside.

I request assistance from your office to see where this is and what initial action has been taken (I had requested the policy be suspended until an investigation was conducted).

Today in the news I noted that the crew members of the HMCS Chicoutimi are being assisted by DND with DVA and was wondering if there were other cases that would eventually come up. The crew of the HMCS Chicoutimi had been experiencing problems with DVA in the past and now it seems like DND has taken the lead in fixing this mess.

I await your findings.

Thank you in advance.

No comments: